Anka Mulder studied History at the University of Groningen, Netherlands, where she later lectured in International Relations. After having worked in Brussels and Vienna for a number of years she took up a post as head of department at the ROI, the Dutch Institute for Public Administration in 1996.
In 2003 she joined Delft University of Technology where she worked until 2017, first as Director of Education and Secretary General, later as Vice President for Education and Operations.
Anka Mulder has been a forerunner of open and online education for many years. In 2008 she became a member of the board of the international OpenCourseWare Consortium and from 2011 to 2013 she was the Consortium President. She was a member of the EdX University Advisory Board from 2014 to 2017.
- Member of the supervisory board of the TU Hamburg
- Member of the Board of the Dutch Association of Universities of Applied Sciences (responsible for research)
- Member of the evaluation committee of NWO (Dutch Research Council)
- Member of the Economic Board Twente
- Member of the Steering Committee on Online Education in Higher Education in the Netherlands