Climate Adaptation Challenge
for Indonesian NL Alumni
Our planet is getting warmer, with growing impact on our societies and economies. The need to adapt to new climate extremes is driving actions that connect challenges with solutions. NL alumni play a significant role in how Indonesia and the Netherlands respond to the impacts of climate change.
Be the change…
As a NL alumni, you will be challenged to come up with creative ideas to make climate adaptation work for everyone, with a focus on Indonesia and the Netherlands. How? By creating an awareness campaign on the content and potential of the Adaptation Action Agenda which is launched at the Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS) 2021 on 25 January 2021.
The two best ideas of the Climate Adaptation Challenge will be awarded EUR 5.000 in order to roll out the campaigns over the summer of 2021.
Rules of the game.
To qualify, you must meet all of the following criteria. We look forward to receiving your application!
- You are an Indonesian NL alumni (Indonesian nationality, with study experience in the Netherlands), who is registered in the database of NL Alumni Network. If not, then please register yourself first here
- Any topic in relation to climate adaption is fair game! Please see the website of the CAS for inspiration
- Your campaign highlights the cooperation between Indonesia and the Netherlands and has social media potential.
- Creativity: think of fresh and innovative ways that challenge the norm
- A proposal is max. 2-3 pages long and answers the following questions:
- What do you propose as an campaign?
- How does your campaign generate awareness on the adaptation agenda?
- What is the intended outcome & audience?
- Individuals, groups and businesses are all allowed to submit proposals
- Funds are not allowed to be used for other activities
- Submit your application in English
Examples of campaigns
We challenge you to think of the following questions: How to reach out to as many people as possible on the necessity of climate adaptation? Which forms of cooperation can be highlighted? How can you mobilize local communities to work on this?
Example 1: Instructional video for school kids to explain the necessity of disaster risk management in simple terms
Example 2: Campaign visiting local villages on islands X to remove concrete and replant trees and flowers so the soil can be replenished with water
Example 3: mapping increasing drought in region Y and thinking out a creative coping strategy with local people
Submit your proposal
Submit your proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 10th of April 2021.
- March 10 :
Official announcement of the Climate Adaptation Challenge by: Siti Nurbaya Bakar, Indonesian Minister of Environment and Forestry, and Cora van Nieuwenhuizen, Dutch Minister for Infrastructure and Water
- April 10
Deadline to submit your proposal
- Early May
Announcement of two winners
- Summer 2021
Roll-out awareness campaign